Chandra Bhaga silver moon in you is reflected

Chandra Bhaga silver moon in you is reflected
Chandravati temple sculpture

golden sun-rays kiss softly life and the Bells of Joy sing a hymn--Jhalawar-Patan

I do not know what to say now but I will come to you when the muse holds me in her inspiring arms!!

Search This Blog

Pages

Popular Posts

Monday, November 8, 2010

the magic and the music from golden threads of time


the poetry resides in the unsung and the silent. Jhalawar is not a big ticket glorified world. It is drunk on its whispered silence and the music of undertones. i walked in the main bazar--the Garh Palace Gate and there was a village market scene. the villagers had put up their hens and cocks for sale and chatted and talked, smoked and smiled. As i walked around to enter the Garh Palace I was greeted by the police officer and helped me get around. the Palace was being white washed and repaired. the persons working for the contractor welcomed me and told me not to worry. They made me climb a tall as Qutb Minar bamboo ladder to reach the upper portion of the Palace. What a view from the top!! The resurgent sky fresh morning air and ofcourse slow very slow moving city of Jhalawar. the kind contractor employees helped me look around a little bit. But since repairs were going on there was hardly any hurdle free space to move around. I thanked them and went around Bhawani Natya Sala--the famed Parsi Theatre where kalidas's Abhgian Shaknutalam was enacted first. I talked to people and felt sad for the derilct state ofsuch beautiful and culture-rich heritage of Jhalawar.
Lo and behold I was being waved to by a gentleman on the first floor of the Mahal. He asked me to come up the stairs. He would soon open a magical world of art for me. I will tell you in my next Post what i found.....
Viktor Vijay

1 comment:

  1. Magic and Music from golden threads of time:- jhalawar-patan...quite unknown name to public but here people are not puppets..they add life to days not the days to life...somehow this place and name resides in your heart forever...or ever forever

    ReplyDelete